May 30, 2010 @ 11:13 AM
A friendship that lasts
28 May(evening)
Pearly's my childhood friend. We've known each other since I was 2 years old in the same childcare centre, "kids corner". We moved on to Qifa Primary and shared 6 memorable years together as well. We're both in a single-gender school now, but we still keep in contact pretty often, organizing the lot of the 6E'06 outings.
Anyway, after the 'taiko exchange', I went to Pearly's house for dinner, as suggested by her, since we couldn't make up our mind on a dining location anyway.
I met her at yew tee at around 630 and we walked to her house together. Dinner was really great. I miss homecooked dinner. No one cooks in my family (or at least, rarely) except myself. Being able to go home with your family everyday to enjoy a simple homecooked dinner is simply the essence of life. Simple delicacies can warm your heart up even more than restaurant-cooked food that costs a bomb. So don't take family dinners for granted! Not everyone gets to sit around a round table and talk happily while enjoying dinner as a family.
And here are the pictures.
Shy. (or at least she told me she wants to go back home first before taking pictures)

Pearly's brother, Jasper, who crashed my photo.


Double-crash. But he has a really wide smile though so it's great.



Okay here's the dinner setting. There's 卤肉at the centre, egg and sotong with bittergourd at the top left, steamed fish on the left, tofu salad on the right, and fried tofu & prawn fritters on the top right. Everyone's 'entitled' to a bowl of soup and rice too.
おいしね!


jasper, playing his psp.

pearly using the computer
I really treasure this friendship. It's been like 14 years of friendship already and it's still going on well. We've seen each other grow up over time and have shared many happy times together. I remember the times when we used to go to the science centre together, the times when we went ice skating together, and the times when we waited together for the school buses to arrive together in the evening. They're all important memories to me, my friend.